Pmachinery.com

Login  |  Register

Menu

Recent Forum Topics

Linked Events

• Soft Cell - New Single!!!: 28 Sep 2018 - 04 Oct 2018

Author Topic: Soft Cell - New Single!!!  (Read 2230 times)

Offline Pmachine

• Administrator
  • Music gets the best of me...
  • Your facebook Page: pmachinerydotcom
Soft Cell - New Single!!!
« on: 24 Aug 2018, 00:25 »
Soft Cell - Northern Lights / Guilty (Cos I Say You Are) - (CD EP & 7")

The story goes like this. At the beginning of 2018 Marc Almond and Dave Ball dropped the bombshell announcement that they would reform for one night only at London's O2 Arena. In April it was also revealed that the September 30th gig would be preceded on September 7th by a 10-disc career retrospective box set, titled "Keychains & Snowstorms".

In the process of sourcing archive material for the box set, Dave shared with Marc two new pieces of music, and suitably inspired, Marc began working on lyrics for them. Due to long lead manufacturing times for box sets, neither the resulting "Northern Lights", nor its companion "Guilty (Cos I Say You Are)", were ready in time to make the track listing. Instead, both will form part of a new CD collection, "The Singles: Keychains & Snowstorms", which will be released on September 28th. Also, on that date will come the 6-track limited edition "Northern Lights/Guilty (Cos I Say You Are)" CD EP and a double A-sided 7?. "Northern Lights" is the first new Soft Cell single since 2002.

Featuring all the magic and class of vintage Soft Cell singles, "Northern Lights" "...is a celebration of our roots in Northern Soul and was a great chance for me and Dave to work again..." says Marc. Its cellmate - "Guilty (Cos I Say You Are)" - is quintessential late night, electro noir Soft Cell, complete with a suitably disquieting Dave Ball arrangement.

"Northern Lights / Guilty (Cos I Say You Are)" is the first new Soft Cell single since 2002 and is out Friday, 28 September 2018 on Universal Music and available for pre-order now.

NB: All products ordered with a pre-order will be dispatched together close to the latest pre-order release date. If you want earlier dispatched for another product then please place separate order(s).

CD Track Listing

1. Northern Lights - Northern Lights ? 5.59
2. Northern Lights ? 4.22
3. Northern Lights - Dub Mix ? 5.59
4. Guilty (Cos I Say You Are) - Extended Mix ? 6.15
5. Guilty (Cos I Say You Are) ? 4.19
6. Guilty (Cos I Say You Are) - Dub Mix ? 6.17
Format: CD EP

A1. Northern Lights (edit)
B1. Guilty (Cos I Say You Are) (edit)
Format: 7" Vinyl Single
Release Date: Friday, 28 September 2018

Pre-order here: https://www.lexermusic.com/soft-cell

Spam Control

logo-home                                                  

TinyPortal © 2005-2018